Wednesday, April 6, 2016

His Eye is On the Sparrow!

Hi Blog Friends!

I have a card that I am sending our daughter for you to see today. 
I usually make smaller cards, but got some new goodies & just HAD TO try them out!
I know you know, how that is! LOL
 I HOPE she likes it & I HOPE you do too.

Take a look:
Maybe, you recognize some of these goodies?
I used PTI goodies:
*Cover Plate- Scroll Frame
*Petite Places-Scene It (Clouds)
*Mini-Blooms
*Phrases & Praises- By the way, these are PERFECT for Bible Journaling! ;)
 His Eye is On the Sparrow,
is a hymn recorded the most often & the most influential hymn of the 20th Century.

Written by: Civilla Durfee Martin (1866-1948).
The hymn  was written in 1905;
Written after her husband & she asked a couple friend,
 how did they maintained such hopeful & happy dispositions?
You see the husband would take himself each day to work in a wheel chair
& his wife was bed-ridden for 20 years.
Their answer to that question?
"His eye is on the sparrow, & I know he watches me."

The hymn goes like this:
"Why should I feel discouraged?
Why should the shadows come?
Why should my heart be lonely &
long for heaven & home?
When Jesus is my portion?
My constant friend is he;
His eye is on the sparrow & I know he watches me."

I LOVE HYMNS! 

Hope you are blessed today, as His eye is on the sparrow, 
TLady 

Additional Supplies used:
*Zig 2-Way Glue
* Scotch Perm. Mounting Tape
*Scotch Quick-Dry Adhesive
*SU- Corner Punch
*SU- Paper Piercing Pack Essentials
*Wink of Stella




3 comments:

  1. Becky, what a beautiful card for your daughter! I so love the frame, and what a precious Scripture verse and beautiful colors! She is going to LOVE it! What an amazing story of the origins of this hymn. Thank you for sharing this card and the story of this comforting and wonderful hymn! Hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, your daughter will be so happy to receive this! Love the hymn. The frame in this, along with the flowers, is just beautiful. God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky, This is so beautiful! Great job playing with those new goodies. I love this song and have always loved the story behind it as well. Thanks for reminding me of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!