Saturday, May 21, 2016

CLUCK! CLUCK!

Hi Blog Friends!

Well, I have been busy here these last few days with two additional entries in the current Challenges going on over at SSS! 
First, the
SSS Monday Challenge Blog's Challenge:
"Felt That!"
Located here:
AND the 
SSS Wednesday Challenge Blog's Challenge:
"Fun With Felt!"
Located here:
Oh my goodness, it was SO FUN to work with this CUTE DIE!
The Plush Springtime Chicken!
From SSS
(When I first saw it, I KNEW I HAD TO HAVE IT!)
I made little ornaments, but they could have been turned into sachets just as well for the closet!
I made two different ones, so take a peak & tell me what you think?

This is the first one I made, reminds me of a little friend of mine.... ;)
I used some fabric & added a fabric stabilizer- Heat & Bond. 
I added it to the fabric first, then die cut my pieces.
I decorated both sides of my little chickie with felt flowers. 
Her little beak, comb & the flowers, the little heart, & leaves are all felt, except for one flower I was experimenting with the fabric...
See, I have other things in mind for this CUTIE! 

Here's the second little Springtime Chick I made:
This one is done in a French print fabric & coordinating fabrics.
The flowers, the comb, the heart & the beak are all done in felt, once again experimenting with the fabric & the leaves are done in fabric. I also used the extra hearts I cut, to tuck under the flowers point first for an extra pop of color on both chicks!
I embroidered the eyes on both with  French Knots, & straight stitching following the little stitch holes.
This one I also added some little seed beads to one of the flowers, just for something different.

I stuffed each with cotton batting & added ribbon & bows for hanging.
(Ooops! Looks like I forgot to pull the backing off of one of the leaves from the stabilizer! LOL Easily fixed!) ;)

Hope you like!

Cluck! Cluck!
TLady
(Hm, is that felt in my throat?) ;)
Supplies not mentioned above:
* Embroidery Thread
*Needles
*Thread
*Scissors


9 comments:

  1. Wonderful! You really took on these Challenges with all your creativity! I'm no good at things like this...I need to stick to paper! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your chicks are adorable! Love how you used the felt! Thanks so much for joining our felt challenge on Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awessome chicks. Love those dainty felt flowers on them.Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Fun with Felt Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are super cute! Love the fabric you used! Darling chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These chicks are fab. I bet they gossip together all day long.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are just adorable! I could hang them in the kitchen - so cute - have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The chickens are so cute and cheery! You really ARE masterful with felt ;)
    Blessings!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are absolutely adorable! OH MY! I love all the pattern combinations, it is jumped up a notch from just using felt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hullo Becky thanks so much for popping over :D and well just love your cluck cluck hen, sooo cute!
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!