Sunday, July 10, 2016

True Love Begins..... Part 2!

Hi Blog Friends!

Finishing up the Baby Gift I told you about last post,
just the little touches.....

Thank goodness, I had a baby sweater set already made & packed away safely.
My little sweater set is a limey green, but I think it will be alright for a girl baby.

Take a peak at what I have:
I think this is a pretty lime color for a baby.
They used to have a light mint color for babies, but changed it to lime.
Personally, I like the mint, but you go with what's out there right? LOL

Here are the little bunnies I've been working on after finishing my card.
Mr. Bunny HAD TO HAVE a lime colored vest to match the sweater set!
I realized later, I had forgotten their little mouths, so you will see a bit later that I added them.

Here are the tags/"little touches" I've been working on for all these little gifts.

This is something  new I added to the set.
It is made with PTI- Button Card Die, Button Boutique, & SU- Hand Knit.
I just slipped it inside of the little sweater & of course, signed my name to the card under, 
"Hand Knit by:______________________."
The card says "Vintage" & the sweater pattern is Vintage to me. LOL
I got the pattern when I was a teen from Sears. 
(THAT tells you it probably is "Vintage!" ;) ) 
No, I won't tell you my age! LOL
(I also added the size for the baby sweater set--Birth to 9 months.)

A close up of the other tags--the fronts. 
I added extra yarn for repair, even though I doubt it is needed. 
(I know because I made several of these sets for our babies.)
It's just nice to have on hand for those meticulous mothers! ;)

The backsides, show the laundry care needed.
I used PTI- Handle with Care. 
All of the cards were made with PTI- Thread Card Dies & Hanging By A Thread,
 & the SU- Chocolate Bunny.
 There you have it, SMILING BUNNIES! ;)
Of course, they're smiling as they have the happy job of making baby smile! ;)

Here is the whole gift.
Baby Sweater Set & Bunnies with my card, all wrapped up in pink tissue paper & arranged in a gift bag. I did throw in some green tissue paper too for contrast. ;)
If you're new to my blog or didn't see the last post where I made this gift set, you can find it done in blue here:

Now, I'm off to make some food to take to the baby shower.....
How does  little Cucumber Sandwiches, Deviled Eggs & a Lemon Strawberry Cake Roll sound?


"Sugar & Spice & Everything Nice!"
TLady 

Supplies not mentioned above:
* Penny Black- Baby Pins- 3192B
* American Crafts- Bakers Twine
* SU- 1/8" Hand Held Hole Punch




4 comments:

  1. You are so talented Becky - and that lovely green is my daughter-in-laws favorite color! Her daughter would probably look amazing in that sweater. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Becky all so very cute some beautiful knitting and other crafty good made with such love, well done!
    Thanks so much for the inspiration.
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to make someone very happy indeed. I love your attention to detail and the lime green is brilliant.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Becky your gifts are amazing! You are a talented lady to be able to knit, sew & create paper crafts. These are totally adorable & I love how thoughtful you are to add extra thread.
    Thanks so much for hopping over to visit me & for your lovely comment. Congrats on your win & enjoy your goodies from the wonderful Simon Says Stamp xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!