Friday, March 24, 2017

Enjoy the Moment--Water Color Play

Hi Blog Friends!

Keeping up with the 30 Day Coloring Challenge here:


O.k., I have to admit to staling yesterday on this project.
I had this idea in my head.....
Fiddling around & not trying to execute my idea most of the day.
I DID end up playing with my water colors though, & that is what this challenge is about!
Coloring with whatever medium you like.....
Trying to enjoy it & just create!

Well, I did do all that, although I am not sure I like what I ended up with!
I can say that, I don't believe this is one of my best works though. BLAH!
Does that ever happen to you when creating? LOL
I have to remember, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!" Right?

I thought I had it all done & then this morning, I added to it.... 
It did help, but I am still not sure of it!
Give me your opinion?

Here goes,

ENJOY THE MOMENT 

I LOVE all the layers of color that the water colors give!
I used Kuretake Water Colors.

Here you can see a little of the twinkling shimmer of one of the colors in the Kuretake palette.
I wanted the fluttering trail of the butterfly to twinkle.

I used Tim Holtz-Sizzix 660189 for the Butterfly image. 
I embossed it on Vellum in white first.
I didn't like the stark white all by itself, it seemed to be too much white, 
& this morning I  added the colorful doodling with Sharpie Markers.
I also had water colored the vellum--the deep pink, orange & yellow. 

The sentiment is from North Coast Creations- Floral Sentiments 4.
I thought it fit the card & the process I was going through.
Just "Enjoy the Moment!"

Here is another photo of this project, it is before I added the doodling & will give you a different view.

You can see the underneath butterfly on which I layered the vellum butterfly.
See what I mean about needing something else?

So, now you see the dilemma of the day for me! LOL
If that's all I have to worry about, that is GOOD! ;)

Let me know what you think?
TLady

*****This card was chosen "Favorites for the week ending March 26th" over at SCS*****

Supplies not mentioned above:
*Strathmore Water Color Paper- 140 lb.
*Misti
*Score Buddy
*Embossing Buddy
*Versa Mark
*Faber Castell-Click-N-Go Pot
*Silver Black Velvet Brushes- 12, 2
*Paper- Paper Studio & Recollections Paper Pad-Wild Flowers
*Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive- for a strip of DP inside the card
*SSS- Premium Dye Black Ink
*28 Lilac Lane Sequines- Blues
*Multi-Medium Matte
*Pick-Me-Up Tool
*Glue Dots

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!