Monday, March 13, 2017

Gelli Plate Beauty's!

Hi Blog Friends!

O.k., I am SO EXCITED today to show you my creations!
I've tried the Gelli-Plate, & I am IN LOVE!

First of all, my creations are for the PTI Challenge that you can find here:

The Challenge?
Create a new project that incorporates multiples of a single shape, 
stamped or die cut.
By: March 15th (Wednesday), 7 a.m.


I  will also be putting my cards in Kathy Rocoosin's 30 Day Coloring Challenge here:
I didn't use an everyday coloring medium, but believe you me,
I did "color" with paint all over my fingers & everywhere else! LOL
(AND it was FUN!)

O.k., I finally collected all the ingredients to make my own Gelli-Plate! 
That in itself was a blast!
(Not literally, thank goodness!)
You see, I am not good with Science. 
When we home schooled, I let my husband take over the Science area for that reason! 
 My experience with Science? I like to make my own cleaning supplies & once,
 I made a particular cleaning solution, & it exploded all over the kitchen!
So, you can see that Science just isn't my area of expertise! LOL

So, when making a Gelli-Plate, I've heard you are turning food, into plastic....
INTERESTING!
I saw others doing this on-line without any explosions, so I thought it was do-able! ;)

For my card, I made designer paper with the Gelli-Plate..... & here is what I got:

Some are better than others, & the last one is  where I cleaned off my roller.
BUT, look & see what I did with some of these prints:

ARTISTIC POSTAGE
I chose to use the PTI Die- Postage Stamp Die for the repeating shape.
It makes me think of an Americana Quilt.
I was SO TICKLED with how this came out!
(And I am NOT GOOD at CAS, let me tell you!) ;)

I chose to place the little postage die on the papers where you can see the designs that I used,
 by PTI- Modern Stencils.
I also chose to use a sentiment from PTI- Thank You Kindly.
And for embellishments, Star Gazer Dies that I die-cut from a foiled piece with my Minc Machine.
Even my husband loved this card! ;)
That makes me happy too! LOL

So what do you think?
Have you played with a Gelli-Plate yet?
Do you like to get messy when you create? 
It makes me happy when I just let loose & PLAY when I create!
(This post isn't done yet, be SURE to scroll all the way down!) ;)

***** My cards were chosen as "Favorites of the Week" ending March 19th, over at SCS!*****

QUITE HAPPY TODAY!
TLady

P.S. I could have gone on & on with this challenge...
Just think of all the different shapes of dies PTI has!!! 

EXTENSION of this Post:

O.K., I couldn't help it, & I went on to make another card! LOL
Take a look of another card made with another PTI Die!

MY KIND OF ROOSTERS

I used PTI's- On The Farm Dies for these sweet roosters,
& I used PTI's- Easter Alleluias for the sentiment.
I didn't add any sequins or additional embellishments as they just didn't look right,
& felt the embossing I did around the roosters was enough.
(You do need to keep your roosters penned in for safe keeping you know!)

What do you think????
DO TELL?
I'm dying to know if you like these as much as I do!!!!


Supplies not mentioned above: 
Artistic Postage:
*Plaid Acrylic Paints
*Stencils- Crafters Work Shop- Mini Branches, Prima- Key To My Heart,
 Tim Holtz- Bubble & Eye Chart.
*Multi-Medium Matte
*Pick-Me-Up Tool
* Scotch Perm. Mounting Tape

My Kind of Roosters:
(Supplies not mentioned above)
*Score Buddy
*McGill Stylus
*Versa Mark
*Sparkle-N-Sprinkle Embossing Powder- Japanese Lacquer-EP274
*Embossing Buddy
*Tweezers





2 comments:

  1. Very cool. I love your patterned paper. So glad you didn't blow anything up in the process!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The patterns are beautiful! I especially love the chickens :) The process reminds me of finger painting in elementary school (this is the grown-up version)!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!