Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Pretty Pink Pony!

Hi Blog Friends!

I usually don't show you the cards I send to our daughter weekly, while she is away at college, but I thought with the 30 Day Coloring Challenge going on, why not?
To join  the 30 Day Coloring Challenge check here:
http://www.thedailymarker.com/

To join in on the fun, don't think you have to post or create every day, when you don't have the time.
The goal is to color everyday, not necessarily make a card....

I dug through my stamps & found another stamp I got ages ago, that I hadn't used.
I thought this was a good time to use these stamps!

This stamp reminds me of when our children were little & I'd take them to the grocery with me. 
Of course, they wanted to ride the pink pony after we were done shopping!
So, this card is named:

PRETTY PINK PONY

Since this post is all about coloring, I'll focus on what I colored this piece with : 
I colored this pony with Faber Castell Colored Pencils 
& used Odorless Mineral Spirits to blend the color.
I'm not sure if you can see the sparkle that I added with a Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen- Cosmos....
These pens are actually colored & add some color to the image also.

*Just a note about Faber Castell: Faber Castell is my choice in Pencil,  
whatever the pencil,
 because
the leads are glued into the pencil shaft, so you end up with a stronger lead.
 The leads don't break off like other colored pencils!
This was a selling point for me when I purchased them,
as I found the leads in my other colored pencils broke constantly,
& I would end up loosing my pencil to the sharpener. :(
The pencils are a little higher in price, but well worth it!

* Faber Castell pencils are oil based,
 rather than wax based, which gives you easier blending.
You can use Odorless Mineral Spirits/Gamsol, or not!

***Another important added note: I have found the Kids Faber Castell Colored Pencils
 are just a good as the Polychromo's penicils! 
Just my opinion, I'm not a pencil expert here.
They're much cheaper & if you were to buy both,
 you end up with many more color options! ;)

 This is the inside. 
Just a simple sentiment of love.

 
So, what do you think?

Reminiscing days gone by,
TLady 

Supplies not mentioned above:
*Horse Image- Magenta- 13138.P
*Recollections- Flourishy
*SU- Windows Frame Die
*SSS- Black Premium Dye Ink
*Zig Millenium Collection Pens
*Recollections Black Paper
*The Paper Studio- Uptown Flair
*Neenah- Astrobrights Paper
*Blending Stump
*Sand Paper Palette
*Pretty Pink Posh- Sequins-4mm Marshmallow
*Craft Medley Creative Essentials- At the Ballet
*Pick Me Up Tool
*Scotch Perm. Mounting Tape
*Multi-Medium Matte
*Inside Sentiment: Stampendous- Love Always
*Card Size: 5 1/4" x 5 1/2"







1 comment:

  1. Becky, I saw your card on SCS and wanted to see more details. Your card is absolutely gorgeous! I love the pink horse on your beautifully designed card! The designer paper is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!