Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Keep On Pedaling!

Hi Blog Friends!

Today I have a card for you for,
 Paper Trey Ink's Make It Monday #283:
Water Color Wash
You can find out more here:
I have been thinking about this card for sometime. It takes me awhile sometimes to pull it all together. LOL 
But, I knew I wanted to use PTI's Pedal Pushers Stamp & Die Set....
And when I saw the challenge, it came together for me in my head. ;)

I made this card for our daughter for a friend of hers. 
Her friend will be leaving the campus this year, after graduating & then working for the campus for several years as a "Dorm Mom."
(That's what I call it! They call it something else these days!) 
Our daughter has grown close to this woman & gone to her for advice many times.
Not to mention, she has been our daughter's boss for work-study.
As a mother, I so appreciate this woman's guidance & honesty with our daughter. 
And for her example as a young "Christian" woman!

Our daughter tells me she likes the color yellow & bicycles/cycling.
So, what better set to use for this card?

The Pedal Pusher set is one of those sets that made me flip when I first saw it. 
I HAD TO HAVE IT!
Even though, I didn't use it much in the beginning. LOL
(I buy what I like, rather than all the many things I can come up with to use it for.) 
It was just SO CUTE & SO DIFFERENT from the other companies! 
The little wheels actually turn!
(PTI dies are what make me flip! They're ALWAYS SO UNIQUE compared to other companies! )

So, I hope you like this card, 
Keep On Pedaling!
The challenge was to create a water color wash background,
 & that I did with just a little bit more control than the examples that were given.

I did a little resist technique also with the new stamp set/ mini-kit, 
Lovely Lace,
using one of the flowers in the mini-kit.

I also knew I wanted to create a rainbow, like it was coming from behind the bicycle....
The rainbow & the flowers depicting the beauty that is left by someone who touches your heart as they move through life.

 Notice the little path the bicycle is moving along?
The path of life.

After doing the rainbow & the sky, I added a wash on the bottom for the ground, adding that little path & later adding sprigs of grass to the wash with a dryer brush.

Here is the front sentiment, included in the Pedal Pusher Stamp Set. 
Gives you a good sense that in life, you have to keep moving & looking forward.

That is why I added the "brand" of the bicycle to the little bike, 
"Life Ride."

I thought this little puppy was kind of cute & made me think of our daughter. 
Those eyes & those ears.... 
(No, she doesn't have big ears! LOL)
I know that by this woman's kindness to our daughter, this woman will never lack a friend in our daughter!

Inside: Another sentiment from the set, & space enough to add a little note.

 I didn't forget a matching envelope! 

I enjoyed this challenge & I hope you did too!

I pray THE BEST for this woman in her new adventures & so appreciate her kindness!
TLady

Supplies not mentioned above:
* Strathmore-140 lb. Water Color Paper
*Misti
*Inks- SSS, SU
*Embossing Powders- Clear & white
*Embossing Buddy
*Zig Millenium Pen
*Faber Castell- Big Brush Pen
*2 Small Brads
*Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive
*Paper- Paper Studio & Recollections
* Kuretake Water Colors
* Silver Black Velvet Water Color Brushes- Sizes: 3/4" & #8
*Faber Castell- Click & Go Pot
* WRMK- Envelope Board
*Office Depot- Holiday Paper






20 comments:

  1. Adorable card. Love you rainbow watercolored background. Great take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet, beautiful card. Love all the touches you added, makes it truly one of a kind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautifully thoughtful card! Love the whole story behind it. I know she'll treasure it! Just love the sheen on the bike!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card, & I'm sure the recipient will treasure it. It has a personal touch that I love. Your bike & background are stunning, now I want to make one just like it! Darn that work thing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you really made the bike come to life, this card will be loved for sure

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is just fantastic! I love your background and that fantastic bike! WOW! Isn't it wonderful that our daughters can look to strong caring women for friendship and advice? Find your tribe, love them hard!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun and cheerful card! Love the pretty background that you created and what a fun bike! Great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love everything about this card, especially all your reasons for adding rainbows, flowers, the path etc! Fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What awesome attention to detail! Your scene on the card is so realistic!! And it looks like the bicycle is making the rainbow...how awesome is that! Love everything about your card, and I agree...what a wonderful mentor your daughter has!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh where do I begin with how much I love this card!! The water coloring is absolutely stunning and I love the little scene you've created. The rainbow coming out from behind the wheels is pure genius! What a darling card and so thoughtful of you to make it for your daughters dorm mom. How could one not be touched by such kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your background is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally cute card!! What a fun way to let your daughter's friend know how much she cares. Lovely watercolor wash on that background!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful background & what a perfect card for your daughter's friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! I love your rainbow of colors and the fun scene you've created. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Not only is your card beautiful, but so is the story about your daughter's Dorm Mom. What a lovely watercolored wash background...perfect for your bicycle scene! There is so much meaning to the rainbow and the sentiments that it appears to be perfect for th S occasion. Spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for your encouraging comments on my blog!! I wasn't really happy with my card and after I read your comments I looked at it again and thought it was really ok!! ;) You just never know when you are cheering somebody on!! I love all the details you added into your card and so much thought in everything!! You've included all! I'm sure the "dorm mom" will be very appreciative of all your thought and effort. Your card is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous card! Such a sweet scene you created for your daughter's Dorm Mom, I'm sure she will love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks awesome! I so love your yellow bike for your daughters friend, she is going to love it too! What a darling card with so many beautiful details!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a cute card, TLady! Love the sentiment (keep on pedaling), the bright yellow bike, and the sweet puppy!!! GOOD JOB!!!!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!