Friday, May 19, 2017

Simon Says: Home Sweet Home

Hi Blog Friends!

Happy Friday everyone!

Today, I have something for you that I have been planning for awhile. 
Do you remember when Kathy Rocoosin had her Coloring Challenge over at 
The Daily Marker????
I was one of the winners one day & she sent me a package full of goodies!
(So yes, I have more things planned with those goodies!) ;)
One of the stamp sets she sent me was by Lawn Fawn, 
Gnome Sweet Gnome.
I've seen the cutest scenes with this set.
So, I ordered the dies to go with the stamp set, & I found THE PERFECT stamp to go with it when I ordered the dies! ;)

I have never seen myself as a "cutsy-tutsy" (that's what I call it) LOL type of card maker, but I have to say that when you win stamps that aren't what you think are your "style," GIVE IT A TRY! 
You MIGHT BE PLEASANTLY SURPRISED!
Seriously, when you win prizes that you might not think are your "style," it is a chance to work outside of the box 
you've put yourself in!

So, I want to tell Kathy, 
THANK YOU KATHY 
for helping me step out of the box I put myself in! ;)

I am entering this card in  the
SSS- Monday Challenge
Home Sweet Home
Found here: 

Now, here is what I made with the set Kathy sent me.

There's Gnome Place Like Home!
(This card is one of my all time favorites now!)
 I paired the Lawn Fawn Set up with Penny Black's Cottage Tree House.
I've seen this Penny Black stamp before & thought it looked like so much fun!
I LOVE OLD GNARLY TREES!
And this tree was so full of  imagination & just fun;
 it looked like the little house this gnome would live in!
Makes me think of a wonderful illustration from a child's book!

I used a full sheet of 8 1/2" x 11" Card Stock for this card,
 because of the size of the Penny Black Image. 
My card turned out to be 5 1/2" x 7 1/2".

I used Kuretake Gansai Tambi Water Colors to color this Penny Black Image.
I had such a fun time water coloring this one evening!

I then stamped the little gnome & mushroom, by Lawn Fawn & colored them with Spectrum Noir & Copic markers & mounted them on Scotch Perm. Mounting Tape.
I placed him off to the side of the walk-way, as if to invite you to his fantastical home!

I also mounted the whole illustration on Mounting Tape.

 I went back after creating my card & added the inside, just a touch of masking here....

 Another little touch that Kathy taught us, was to go over the illustration with a black marker after you've colored it.... 
I must say, it just made this pop even more!
I used a Faber Castell- Pitt Artist Pen for that.


I used the sentiment from the Lawn Fawn Set & heat embossed it with 
Ranger Fine Black Embossing Powder. 

I'm not sure if the photo's give this justice or not. 
In real-life, the colors are vibrant & the tree looks 3-D! 
This card could be used for a "welcome to one's new home/neighborhood," 
or just a fun card to send someone, maybe even frame it for a child's nursery?

I think this little gnome is VERY HAPPY with his home!
He even has a pie on the window sill cooling if you want to come in & visit!

Hope you enjoyed my stepping out the box,
TLady

Supplies not mentioned above:
* SSS- Black Premium Dye Ink
* Misti
* Misti Corners
* Strathmore Water Color Paper- 140 lb.
* Faber Castell- Click-N-Go Pot
* Silver Black Velvet Water Color Brushes- 2, 4, 6.
* Uniball Signo White Pen
* Paper- SSS, Recollections, Recollections Paper Pad- Wild Flowers
(Which had a water color blue wash to it)
* Score-buddy
* Teflon Bone Folder
* Embossing Buddy
* Versa Mark
* SCS Sketch:






5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the win! What a work of art you made with your prize!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This image is so intensive! A lot of coloring. Great job. Thank you for joining Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to stop by your blog after seeing your card and tell you how awesome it is! I love this card: the colors, the design layout, and the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats for winning the Daily Marker Coloring challenge!! Your card is quite something - it looks amazing and just like an illustration piece. Great job!!
    Thank you so much for visiting me and leaving me such kind sweet words. I really appreciate it. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!