Wednesday, May 10, 2017

You DID IT!

Hi Blog Friends!

This past weekend we went to our son's graduation from Graduate School.
Our son now has his Master in Business, 
 an MBA! 
We are SO PROUD OF HIM! 
He has always been one who LOVES TO LEARN!
He does hope to one day earn his Doctorate in Business.
That alone tells you he LOVES LEARNING!
We really never stop learning.
It is WHAT YOU LEARN & WHAT YOU DO WITH IT,  that takes you places in life.
 So of course, I made a card for our son's graduation.


 I am putting my card in the
 Impression Obsession Challenge:
UNLAYERED- (Less than 3 layers- not counting the base.) 
You can find out more on the Impression Obsession blog here:
http://mitrafriant.typepad.com/impression_obsession_news/2017/05/new-challenge-unlayered.html#comments

AND
  I will be entering my card in the
Simon Says Stamp- Monday Challenge:
Simon Says: IT'S A FRAME UP.
You can find out more about this challenge on the SSS Monday Challenge Blog here:
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/?p=8961#comments

Let me show you the "layers" first.
This is the card base- which isn't counted.
I made a
"Shadow Box 'Frame Card.' "
(You can find out how to make this style of card over at SCS.)

This is the "cover" for my shadow box. It has two layers, the red card stock & the designer paper.

This is the "insert" for the Shadow Box Frame Card.
It is one layer with the image & stars, & the whop-la is hand drawn. ;)
Even with adding this layer to the base, it is less than 3 layers.
I think that will work, do you think that will work?????  LOL
(At this point, I WISH I had one of those "wobblers" to use. Wouldn't this graduate look cute wobbling? I JUST ordered some, so I will add that to this card later for our son. Yep, even after I already gave him the card! He likes the interactive type of cards. ) ;)

This is my card all put together.

The inside with the insert in the base.

This is the back flap, where you can add your sentiment & sign your card.

Here you can see the dimension of the card.





The sentiment on the front was part of the designer paper & I popped it up on Scotch Perm. Mounting Tape.

I have to say, I LOVE this die- I.O.- Jumping Grads Dies- DIE295-R
(There are two of these jumping grads- a male & a female in the set!
 Quite a buy I thought, with another graduation near at hand! )

I made a tassel from Embroidery Floss & gold sewing thread.

Again, the inside, so you can see the sparkle of the stars. I foiled these with my Mini Minc Machine.
I mean really, it is a BIG DEAL to stick with schooling for 6 years, after High School.
There were times our son got tired of being in school, & that is the reason I thought this jumping grad was so fitting! ;)
"You DID IT, Son!"
Hope you like my card & give this cute Shadow Box Frame Card a try!

CONGRATULATIONS DEAR SON!
We're SO PROUD OF YOU! 
TLady

Supplies not mentioned above:
*Paper- Paper Studio, Best Occasions, Paper Studio Designer Paper
*Multi-Med. Matte
*Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive
*Teflon Bone Folder
*12x 12 Score Board- MS
*Spellbinders- Classic Oval Dies
*Jolee's Boutique- Stickers
*Uni-ball Signo White Pen
*Pick-Me-Up Tool
*PTI- Star Gazer
*Terrifically Tacky Tape
*ODB- Corrie Ten Boom #C156 (Inside Sentiment)



4 comments:

  1. What a cool graduation card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO awesome and lots of work, but definitely worth it for your MBA son! Congratulations to him and to you for supporting his goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an awesome card! Love how your framed it!!

    Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp!
    Have a great day
    XX Zoey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful accomplishment for your son & what a special card for him! Love the quote--I actually met Corrie Ten Boom in person--such an amazing woman!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!