Monday, August 7, 2017

Knitted Dish Clothes for Inspiration!

Hi Blog Friends!

This summer my knitting needles have been calling my name....
I have made 50 dish clothes, so far!
Once I started, I just couldn't stop!
I  have enjoyed using hand knit dish clothes for years.
I also like to keep some on hand for gifts!
This is only some of the clothes I've made.
The pattern is simple, given to me years ago by a co-worker. 
It is only a knit stitch, & allows me to knit without having to pay much attention to what I'm doing... 
You can actually watch TV or carry on a conversation without being distracted from your  knitting!

So, with all my knitting I also needed to make a few cards to send, & was able to send a couple of these dish clothes to my dear friends with their cards!
One dish cloth inspired me with the colors of the yarn.

Don't you just love the colors & the stripes on this one?
"Ocean Stripes!"

So, I set myself to work....
This is the first card I came up with, using WPlus 9- Kind Soul,
& Kuretake Water Colors.
I don't think the colors are quite true in this picture.
(The card actually has more of a teal look to the background.)

I just LOVE how this came out!

Next, I did another card using the dish clothes for inspiration again:
This time I went lighter & added some other colors to mix it up some.

I used the same floral stamp as above, but also used Studio Katia- Brush Stroke Stripes & some masking.

Once again, using Kuretake Water Colors.

My friends enjoyed their cards & their new dish clothes when they received them! ;)

This is the inside of both cards, using WPlus 9- Kind Soul.

So, there you have it!
Knitting, Water Coloring, Heat Embossing, Sequins & DIY Emamel Dots, all make for  pretty gifts!!!

I'm entering both of my cards on the SSS Wednesday Challenge Blog.
The challenge?
Simon Says: Splatter It!
Check here for more information:
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-splatter/#comments
BOTH cards have been splattered with Kuretake Water Colors! ;)

Hope you like!
TLady

P.S. 
Would you like me to list all the products I use?
(I didn't on this post)
Would you like the Knitted Dish Cloth Pattern?
 Just let me know!






1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card! The flowers are so pretty and striking.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!